When you need the help of an experienced truck accident lawyer, you turn to Sabbeth Law. We’ll fight for you and get you the compensation we know you deserve.
Accidents involving semi-trucks, 18 wheelers, or “big rigs” are simply not the same as your standard car accident. In a crash like this, you need an attorney who knows how to navigate the case. Otherwise, you may be left without the settlement or judgment you truly deserve.
- We’ve Recovered Millions of Dollars for Truck Accident Victims. Injuries from truck accidents can severely alter your life. We will hold the guilty parties responsible.
- Truck Accident Experts. The team at Sabbeth Law are experienced and expert truck accident lawyers. We know what it takes to earn a fair settlement or judgment.
- We Won’t Hesitate to Go to Trial. We’ve proven ourselves at trial numerous times, and we’ll do the same for your case if we have to.
- We’ll Review Your Case for Free. If we take you on as a client, you won’t pay anything unless we recover money for you.
- We Will Fight to Ensure Insurance Companies Treat You Fairly. Dealing with insurance companies is a huge hassle. Let us worry about that while you focus on getting better.
Truck Accident? Let’s Get Started Today
How Do Truck Accidents Happen in Vermont?
In some cases, the driver of a car is at fault, but this isn’t always true.
18-wheelers are massive machines, and they require special training for operation. Though truck drivers have extensive training, they still make mistakes, especially when facing the many pressures that come with the job.
Some common reasons a truck accident might happen in Vermont include:
- Inadequate or Improper Training: Failing to teach drivers proper driving techniques, the importance of defensive driving, or the most important safety concerns can lead directly to a crash.
- Compensation: It can encourage drivers to speed or drive for hours on end without rest. They are striving to meet deadlines and that can put you at risk.
- Unrealistic Expectations from Trucking Companies: Again, this can encourage drivers to hurry, neglecting basic safety training and leading to serious crashes.
Truck Crashes and Car Crashes Are NOT the Same
When a crash involves a vehicle that can weigh as much as 40 tons (80,000 pounds), there are going to be more serious injuries than a crash with just passenger vehicles.
There’s a lot to consider when pursuing compensation after a truck crash that leaves you injured:
- Insurance: A truck crash will typically involve multiple insurance companies. This makes the issue more complex, and your attorney must be ready for this during your case.
- Regulations and Rules: Truck Companies and Truckers are subject to various rules and regulations put in place by the state of Vermont and the nation as a whole.
- CDL Considerations: Drivers should have a CDL to drive a heavy truck – this leads to other implications for your case.
To sum it up, it’s imperative that you find an attorney who knows specifically how to navigate a truck crash case. Sabbeth Law has experience in these cases, and we focus on ongoing training to stay on top of the latest developments in truck crash cases.
Truck Crash Statistics in Vermont
Truck crashes are an unfortunate reality in Vermont – between 2013 and 2018, there were nearly 4,500 crashes involving heavy trucks. Of these, 547 were “injury” crashes, a fairly high ratio. It’s clear that these are serious incidents in our state. In addition, there were nearly 50 fatal accidents involving heavy trucks during this period. This shows the devastation that a truck crash can cause.