Randolph Truck Accident Lawyer
A truck accident can change your life, and they happen in an instant. Afterwards, it is natural to feel confused, shocked, and upset. You likely will not know what to do. It is important to know that at this time, you can claim compensation for your injuries that can help you recover your medical expenses, lost income, and more. Unfortunately, claiming this compensation is not easy and even a small mistake could jeopardize your chances of recovering the damages you need. A Randolph truck accident lawyer can help you through the process and give you the best chance of success with your claim.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
Truck accidents are some of the most serious on the roads and you may not know what to do immediately afterwards. The most important steps to take during this time are as follows:
- Call 911 to get the medical help you need and ask them to send law enforcement to the scene.
- If possible, take pictures of the scene. If it is not possible, ask a witness or another party to take pictures for you.
- When law enforcement arrives, give them a detailed account of what happened and ask for a copy of the police report. This can help indicate that another party was negligent.
- Obtain names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident scene.
After you leave the scene of the crash, it is important that you speak to a Randolph truck accident lawyer right away. A lawyer will start your claim, conduct an investigation, and gather evidence to prove your case.
Determining Liability After a Truck Accident
When two small passenger vehicles are in a crash, it is usually the fault of one of the drivers involved. In a truck accident though, a number of parties may be found liable. These include:
- The truck driver: Truck drivers have a very strict responsibility to ensure they keep other motorists on the road safe. They must follow many rules including the federal hours of service rule, other federal regulations, and they must obey all traffic laws. When truck drivers violate any of these laws, they can be held liable.
- The trucking company: Trucking companies can be held liable in a number of situations. They may not follow proper practices for hiring and training their drivers, they may not regularly maintain their vehicles, and they may pressure drivers to stay on the road longer than they should. When trucking companies violate federal or state law, they can also be found liable.
- Loading and cargo companies: When cargo is not loaded or secured properly, it can shift during transport and throw the entire truck off balance. This can cause a truck driver to lose control of the vehicle and cause a crash.
- Manufacturers: All manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their products are safe, and that includes manufacturers of truck and their equipment. When a defective truck, or part of a truck, causes a crash, the manufacturer can be held liable.
Often, determining liability is one of the most challenging parts of any truck accident claim. A truck accident lawyer will know how to conduct an investigation and collect evidence to determine which party was liable.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents are responsible for some of the most serious injuries on the road. During a crash, accident victims become hurt in a number of ways. The most common of these are as follows:
- Multiple broken bones
- Traumatic head injuries
- Facial injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Burn injuries
- Internal bleeding
Sadly, victims of truck accidents do not always survive the crash. In these cases, family members can file a wrongful death claim.
Damages Available After a Truck Accident
The damages available after a truck accident are intended to make accident victims whole again and to help offset the financial burden of the accident. The most common damages available after a truck accident include:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, prescription medication, and transportation costs to and from doctor’s appointments
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Court fees, attorney fees, and other legal fees
- Loss of limbs or loss of use of limbs
No one can determine exactly how much an accident victim is entitled to without fully reviewing the facts of a specific case. After reviewing a case, a lawyer can accurately value any truck accident claim.
Call Our Vermont Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident, our Randolph truck accident lawyers at Sabbeth Law can assist with your case. Our talented team has helped recover seven and eight-figure results for our clients, and we want to put our experience to work for you. Call us today at (802) 230-1106 or fill out our online form to schedule a case review.
“Immediately after my son’s injury at work, he was treated poorly. Over the course of the next few days it became even worse, so I called Mike and he and Crystal have been absolute lifesavers during the process. Mike is not your typical stuffed suit lawyer who only cares about the bottom line he genuinely cares about his clients and his assistant Crystal is beyond amazing! My thanks to you both!”
“Immediately after my son’s injury at work, he was treated poorly. Over the course of the next few days it became even worse, so I called Mike and he and Crystal have been absolute lifesavers during the process. Mike is not your typical stuffed suit lawyer who only cares about the bottom line he genuinely cares about his clients and his assistant Crystal is beyond amazing! My thanks to you both!”LUKE PARMENTER
“I could never ask for a better attorney, to fight for me, to believe in me, and have faith in me, than what I found in Mike Sabbeth, He doesn’t treat you like a client, he treats you as if you are one of his own family members, He will fight for you, with all he has, and is ALWAYS up front and honest with you about everything!”SANDRA DRUGE