Rutland is the third-largest city in Vermont. It is also situated near the I-91 and the I-89, two very busy highways. As such, it is impossible to drive around the city and its surrounding areas and not encounter a commercial truck at some point. Driving around a commercial truck does not increase the chances of a crash occurring, but it does mean that when one occurs, the injuries will be much more severe. In some cases, victims do not even survive the crash.
Truck accident victims can often file a claim for compensation after a crash. These cases are far more complex than accident claims involving two passenger vehicles, though. If you or someone you love has been injured, you need the help of a Rutland personal injury lawyer who has the experience to handle your claim.
How Can Our Rutland Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
Truck accident cases are immensely complex. They often involve multiple liable parties, various insurance companies, and a significant amount of damages the insurers do not want to pay. As such, you need to work with a Rutland truck accident lawyer who has a long track record of successfully obtaining the compensation injured individuals need. When working with our law firm, you will be working with professionals who:
- Belong to the Association of Truck Accident Lawyers and AAJ Trucking Litigation Group, and has been selected as National Trial Lawyers Top Truck Accident Lawyers
- Will always try to beat the insurance company out to the accident scene to ensure important evidence is preserved
- Use the best truck accident experts in the nation
- Has a proven track record of obtaining seven and eight-figure results
- Will go to you when you are in the hospital or recovering at home so you experience as little stress as possible
What Causes Truck Accidents in Rutland?
The vast majority of truck accidents in Rutland are caused by negligence or carelessness. That carelessness, though, is not always the fault of the truck driver. It is true that truck drivers are sometimes to blame for a crash. They have been known to drink and drive to stay awake, or they may stay on the road for too long to get ahead of deadlines and make more money. These are just a few of the ways in which truck drivers can cause an accident, but there are more. There are also other parties that can be found at fault for a truck accident. The most common of these include:
- Trucking companies: Trucking companies are often to blame for truck accidents. They may provide incentives to their drivers for staying on the road longer than is allowed by law, and they may not ensure they are hiring properly experienced and trained drivers. Trucking companies may also not fulfill their responsibility to ensure their fleet of trucks is properly maintained.
- Loading companies: The cargo of a truck must be loaded properly or it can shift during transport. When that happens, it can throw off the entire balance of the truck, causing the driver to lose control.
- Defective truck parts: Commercial trucks are made up of many moving parts. When any one of these parts is defective, it can interfere with the function of the truck and cause a crash.
- Other drivers: When other drivers cut off truckers, follow them too closely, or stay in the truck’s “no zones” or blind spots, it can easily cause an accident that involves others on the road.
Common Injuries Sustained During a Truck Accident
Commercial trucks are much heavier and larger than other vehicles and so, the amount of force is much greater when they are involved in an accident. This means that injuries are much more severe after a crash. Although you may sustain any type of injury after an accident, there are some that are more common than others. These include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Amputated limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
The above injuries are not only very painful, but they are also very costly to treat. This is why it is so important to contact a lawyer who can help you claim the full damages you need to make a full recovery.
Let Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Rutland Handle Your Claim
If you have been injured in a crash, our Rutland truck accident lawyer at Sabbeth Law has the necessary experience to help you obtain the full settlement you deserve. Call us today or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
“Immediately after my son’s injury at work, he was treated poorly. Over the course of the next few days it became even worse, so I called Mike and he and Crystal have been absolute lifesavers during the process. Mike is not your typical stuffed suit lawyer who only cares about the bottom line he genuinely cares about his clients and his assistant Crystal is beyond amazing! My thanks to you both!”
“I could never ask for a better attorney, to fight for me, to believe in me, and have faith in me, than what I found in Mike Sabbeth, He doesn’t treat you like a client, he treats you as if you are one of his own family members, He will fight for you, with all he has, and is ALWAYS up front and honest with you about everything!”SANDRA DRUGE