Vermont Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Every slip and fall accident happens for a reason, and the reason is often negligence. Property owners often fail to take necessary measures to protect visitors to their property, whether the visitor is a customer, resident, employee, or other party. Because of the owners’ failures, their victims face injuries, medical bills, lost income, and other damages.
A Vermont slip and fall accident lawyer from Sabbeth Law will demand compensation for your damages. We represent both clients with injuries and those who have lost a loved one because of a slip and fall accident. Call Sabbeth Law today for your free consultation.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Vermont
If you have not already, there are several measures to take after a slip and fall accident. Your next steps may depend on whether you have suffered non-fatal injuries or whether you are coping with a loved one’s wrongful death.
Steps to Take After a Non-Fatal Fall in Vermont
Those who suffer non-fatal injuries in a slip and fall accident should:
- Seek a physical examination from a qualified medical professional
- Inform the doctor of your fall-related injury symptoms
- Request a clear, detailed diagnosis of fall-related symptoms
- Keep records for all fall-related medical care
- Consider hiring a Vermont slip and fall accident lawyer from Sabbeth Law
If you have yet to receive all the medical attention you need, our team can arrange for you to see a doctor equipped to diagnose your injuries.
Steps to Take if You Have Lost a Loved One Because of a Slip and Fall Accident
First, please accept our team’s condolences if you lost a loved one because of fall-related injuries. We encourage you to seek any mental health treatment you need for your grief and then to retain an attorney from our team.
Top Reasons to Hire Your Vermont Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer From Sabbeth Law
Sabbeth Law is a team of legal professionals who are wholly committed to our clients’ financial recoveries. If you hire your Vermont slip and fall accident lawyer from our firm, you will quickly know you have hired a trustworthy law firm.
Choose Sabbeth Law for your claim or lawsuit in Vermont because:
- We will make your case as convenient as possible: The Sabbeth Law team will make the legal process as seamless as possible for you. We start by handling as much of your case as possible. Our firm also embraces the latest technologies, allowing you to sign documents using your phone.
- We use cutting-edge preparation techniques: We aim to build the strongest case possible and embrace every available resource to achieve that goal. We use professional videography, mock trials, focus groups, and various other tactics to present the strongest cases possible.
- We will pair you with the right lawyer for your case: You deserve our best legal effort, so we will assign you the most qualified lawyer to lead your case. Whether that attorney is Michael Sabbeth or another of our accomplished lawyers, you will be in capable hands with Sabbeth Law.
- We are familiar with Vermont and its civil justice system: Our team has led slip and fall accident cases in Vermont for many years, granting us substantial experience with the state’s civil justice system. We are also familiar with communities throughout Vermont, as we assist clients statewide.
- We take cases to trial when necessary. Many other firms will not. If they cannot achieve quick settlements, they will pass on the case or refer them to other lawyers.
- Our former clients endorse us: Check out reviews from former clients we have helped secure compensation for falls and other harmful events. Clients know a law firm best, and our clients have many positive words for the Sabbeth Law team.
- As a client of Sabbeth Law, you will feel like family: Our team will go above and beyond to show you how much we care about you and winning your case. Your attorney will know the details of your case, provide frequent case updates, and provide the honest representation you deserve.
Our team may face a deadline for filing your case, so do not wait to speak with us about hiring a Vermont slip and fall accident lawyer. Call Sabbeth Law today for your free consultation.
Our Fee Structure Places the Financial Risk on Us
Our client-friendly fee structure is yet another reason to trust your slip and fall accident case to Sabbeth Law.
We use a contingency fee structure, which means:
- Sabbath Law agrees to cover the total upfront cost of your slip and fall case in Vermont
- You don’t pay our firm any upfront fees or costs
- Our firm only receives a fee if we obtain compensation for you
- Our fee comes from any settlement or verdict we obtain from you, not from your own pocket
- You will know the exact percentage we stand to gain from your settlement or jury award
This fee structure allows you to hire our firm, no matter how difficult your financial circumstances may be. The structure also provides our firm additional reason to secure the compensation you deserve, as our fee is contingent upon our success in your case.
What to Expect from Your Vermont Slip and Fall Lawyer
Our firm will manage every detail of your claim or lawsuit in Vermont. Though we create a personalized strategy for every client we represent, our duties in your case may include:
Detailing the Negligence That Led to the Fall
As the second-leading cause of unintentional death worldwide, falls are a hazard that every property owner must be wary of. If a property owner failed to protect you, our team will detail their negligence as we build your case.
Proof of liable parties’ negligence may include:
- Photographs of a fall hazard
- Eyewitness testimony about the specific hazard that caused your fall
- Witness testimony about failures by liable parties that led to your fall
- Video footage of your fall
- Expert testimony about how a liable party’s negligence led to you falling and becoming injured
We will not know what evidence is available until we begin our investigation. However, we know that time is of the essence whenever we are building a slip and fall accident case. Some types of evidence may be especially time-sensitive, which is a reason to hire a slip and fall injury lawyer from Sabbeth Law as soon as possible.
Documenting the Harm That the Fall Has Caused You
We will detail your damages in as much detail as possible, and may do so with:
- Your account of pain and suffering and other damages
- Expert accounts of your damages, which may come from doctors, economists, and other informed professionals
- Medical records, including images of injuries
- Medical bills
- Past income statements proving how much income you have lost since the fall
- Any other documentation that speaks to your fall-related damages
We will seek evidence proving your damages for every harm you’ve suffered due to the fall.
Identifying All Liable Parties
Liable parties are different in each case we handle. We will determine who is at fault for your fall, who owes you compensation for your damages, and how to seek compensation from those liable parties.
Calculating the Cost of Your Fall-Related Damages
Every fall has a cost. It will be Sabbeth Law’s duty to determine the cost of your fall.
Some factors that may affect the cost of your case include:
- The kinds of physical and psychological injuries you suffered because of the fall
- The severity of your fall-related symptoms
- The degree to which your injuries affect your work
Our attorneys understand how to calculate both economic and non-economic damages, which can be more difficult.
Negotiating a Financial Settlement on Your Behalf
Most civil cases, including slip and falls, end with a financial settlement between the victim and liable parties. We will also work to resolve your case with a settlement, as this is the quickest way to deliver compensation to you.
A settlement is never a given. We will work to convince liable parties that you receive the compensation your damages warrant. Ultimately, liable parties must agree to provide the compensation you deserve.
Completing a Trial
If we complete settlement negotiations without receiving a fair offer from liable parties, we may continue to trial. Before taking this step, we will discuss the best settlement offer with you. We will advise you, based on your best interests, whether we should accept the settlement offer or proceed to court.
We Will Deal With Insurance Companies, Which Do Not Always Act in Good Faith
Falls can happen for many different reasons, including negligence by employers, property management companies, property owners, and others.
Recoverable Damages in a Fatal Slip and Fall Accident Case
Falls can cause severe physical pain, psychological distress, emotional anguish, and a host of other health problems. These kinds of problems may translate to several damages, including:
Pain and Suffering
Those harmed during falls in Vermont can seek compensation for non-economic damages, namely pain and suffering.
This class of damage may include:
- Physical pain
- Psychological distress
- Emotional anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Scarring and other types of disfigurement
When you hire Sabbeth Law, you get access to mental health professionals who will help make sense of your pain and suffering. They may help us identify mental health conditions and value your non-economic damages.
You may suffer several types of professional harm after the fall, including:
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Lost chances for bonuses and promotions
- Psychological harm caused by your inability to work
When fall-related injuries are disabling, such professional harm can last a lifetime. We will work with economists and any other qualified professionals who can help us calculate your damages.
We will include all fall-related medical bills in your case. Your injuries may require emergency transportation, treatment, surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and other services.
A Wrongful Death
Losing a loved one from fall-related injuries may also mean that you lose:
- A spouse’s companionship
- A parent’s support and advice
- Services the decedent provided their household members
- The decedent’s income and other forms of financial support
A wrongful death case may also include:
- Funeral costs.
- Pain and suffering.
- The cost of mental health treatment.
- All other economic and non-economic damages.
Falls Are Associated with Serious Injuries
Some of the injuries common in fall victims include:
- Broken wrist
- Broken arm
- Broken ankle
- Brain bleeding and other brain injuries
These are only a few injuries that can result from a fall. A seemingly minor injury, such as a bump on a victim’s head, can actually be a severe injury. It is pivotal that fall victims both seek immediate medical attention and receive the compensation they deserve for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other fall-related damages.
Serious Injuries Can Cause Significant, Long-Term Harm
You should not assume that injuries from a fall will heal quickly, allowing you to return to normalcy in short order. In fact, you must assume that you will face long-term damages. By assuming the worst, you may ensure that you (or your lawyer) seek compensation covering all of your damages.
Call Sabbeth Law Today for Your Free Consultation
We face filing deadlines for personal injury and wrongful death cases in Vermont. If we do not submit your case before the filing deadline expires, this can have massive financial implications for your case. While our firm is ready to start your case today, we cannot act until we hear from you.
Take the first step toward protecting your financial future and legal rights by seeking your case evaluation. You can continue with your medical treatment while we handle the entire legal process.
Trust a law firm with a record of impressive results and a reputation for putting our clients first. Call Vermont personal injury attorneys at Sabbeth Law today at (802) 392-0621 for your free consultation. You aren’t obligated to hire our firm when you call, so there is no risk or pressure in speaking with our team.
“Immediately after my son’s injury at work, he was treated poorly. Over the course of the next few days it became even worse, so I called Mike and he and Crystal have been absolute lifesavers during the process. Mike is not your typical stuffed suit lawyer who only cares about the bottom line he genuinely cares about his clients and his assistant Crystal is beyond amazing! My thanks to you both!”
“Immediately after my son’s injury at work, he was treated poorly. Over the course of the next few days it became even worse, so I called Mike and he and Crystal have been absolute lifesavers during the process. Mike is not your typical stuffed suit lawyer who only cares about the bottom line he genuinely cares about his clients and his assistant Crystal is beyond amazing! My thanks to you both!”LUKE PARMENTER
“I could never ask for a better attorney, to fight for me, to believe in me, and have faith in me, than what I found in Mike Sabbeth, He doesn’t treat you like a client, he treats you as if you are one of his own family members, He will fight for you, with all he has, and is ALWAYS up front and honest with you about everything!”SANDRA DRUGE