Even good drivers are at risk of being involved in a traffic accident in Vermont. Indeed, traffic crashes are a top cause of harm in our state, with the Vermont Department of Public Safety reporting that there are dozens of car accident fatalities every year in our state. At the law office of Sabbeth Law, we have years of experience working on car accident cases and know what’s necessary to win claims like these. If you have been in a serious crash, please don’t hesitate to call our Randolph law firm directly for the guidance and support you need during this difficult time.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Work On
Our experience has primarily been catastrophic injury cases resulting from truck and commercial vehicle accidents, but we have also worked extensively on motor vehicle accident claims and are experienced in claims involving single-vehicle crashes, including rollovers; multi-vehicle crashes, such as pile-ups; head-on crashes, rear-end crashes, side-swipe accidents, T-bone collisions, and more. In addition to standard passenger car and commercial vehicle accidents, we also work on bicycle, motorcycle, and pedestrian accident claims, too.
Determining Fault in a Randolph Car Accident
One of the most important roles of a lawyer in a car accident claim is that of determining fault for the crash. This matters because in Vermont, which is an at-fault car insurance state, drivers who cause accidents are responsible for paying for them, typically through their required liability insurance coverage.
Fault for a crash is based on negligence or negligence per se. The first, negligence, refers to the failure to act with the same duty of care that a person of ordinary prudence would exercise in the situation. For example, it may be negligent to drive the speed limit during a rainstorm or a blizzard, or it might be negligent to apply make-up while driving.
Negligence per se, on the other hand, is the violation of a statute or law. Driving while impaired, violating the speed limit, or using a handheld device while driving are all examples of negligence per se.
When a driver’s negligence or negligence per se results in a crash, the driver can be held liable for any damages that result.
Damages Recoverable in a Randolph Car Accident Claim
The range in severity of damages that are possible in a crash depends greatly on the amount of force involved in the crash (dependent on speed and mass of the vehicles involved), the angle of collision, the safety features of the vehicle and how they were utilized (i.e. were occupants wearing their seatbelts at the time of crash?), and more. At the office of Sabbeth Law, we want our clients to know that we will aggressively fight for your right to your full compensation amount. Types of damages that may be recoverable in your car accident claim include:
- Compensation for all of your medical expenses:
- Damages for the value of your lost wages and loss of earning capacity;
- Compensation for noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering; and
- Damages for the value of your property damage expenses.
Why Choose Our Randolph Car Accident Attorneys?
Working with a car accident attorney in Randolph after a crash is an incredibly important choice, especially if your damages are serious; if you don’t work with a lawyer, you may be more vulnerable and at risk of having your insurance claim denied or low-balled by an insurance adjuster. As you consider your options for legal representation, we want you to know that our lawyers have the experience and reputation that your claim deserves. Top reasons to work with us include:
- We’re part of numerous professional associations, including the American Association for Justice, National Trial Lawyers Top Plaintiffs’ Lawyers, U.S. News Best Lawyers, American Association of Truck Accident Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers Top Truck Accident Lawyers, and more;
- We start the process of working on your claim and investigating your accident ASAP – getting to the scene quickly and gathering evidence as soon as possible can make a big difference on the outcome of your claim;
- We use the best experts from throughout the nation, and we always front the costs for these experts;
- We get results – in fact, our record shows that we have recovered seven- and eight-figure sums for our clients; and
- We are built for these types of cases! We are passionate about our work, know what we’re doing, and will come to your location.
Call Today for Your Free Consultation
For a free consultation with one of our Randolph car accident lawyers, please don’t hesitate to send our law firm a message online or call us directly. We are ready to start working on your case today and will make your claim a priority.